The newest generation of RideSafer Delight is a safe and convenient child restraint. Here’s why we love it:
- Ultralight; weighs less than 700g.
- Perfect for taxi travel and school bus runs.
- Adjustable shoulder belt guides and shoulder strap length enables optimal fit as your child grows.
- Certified to US crash test standards FMVSS 213.
- Features in-build energy management which helps to dissipate crash forces in an accident across a greater area than just the adult seat belt contact-area (as with a conventional booster seat).
- Optional tether strap which effectively turns the vest into a harness (like in a conventional car seat) rather than just a seat belt positioning device (like a conventional booster seat). The tether significantly reduces forward and side movement of your child’s torso, neck and head during an accident – thus lessening the risk of injury.
- Gen4 design allows for increased airflow – perfect for Singapore’s weather.
What’s in the box?
- RideSafer Delight vest
- Crotch strap (optional to use but we recommend you use it)
- Cool mesh backpack to make carrying your RideSafer as easy as possible
The RideSafer Delight has a high tech buckle which is designed to deform in an accident, absorbing the crash energy in the process – thereby directing crash energy away from your child’s body and keeping them safer. It also reduces the risk of children undoing the vest themselves. This means it can be a little tricky to open and close the first time you attempt it. This video explains how to buckle and unbuckle the RideSafer Delight.
Using the RideSafer Delight on a school bus
If you are using the RideSafer Delight on your child’s school bus, it’s important that the bus attendant understands how to use it properly. The RideSafer distributor in Singapore offers regular face-to-face bus attendant training as part of our School Bus Safety Program and we recommend that parents encourage their schools to participate in the program (which also offers discounted child restraints). In the meantime, you can print this trilingual Quick Reference Guide (in English, Mandarin and Malay) and pass it to your child’s bus attendant when you demonstrate to them how to use the vest.
(Click on the image below for its full size.)
Click here to download the user manual.