The 12 Sport model offers every feature a child (or parent) could want with custom grips, padded saddle, handlebar pad, and quick release clamps (no-tool adjustment). It is the perfect balance of performance, options, and value. More than eight years of design evolution and manufacturing improvements all packaged into one model. In addition, it comes with a second padded saddle and extra long seat post to fit a taller, 3- 5 year old child.
STRIDER balance bikes are industry-leading training bikes that help children as young as 18 months learn to ride on two wheels. STRIDER balance bikes focus on the fundamentals of balancing, leaning, and steering without the distractions and complications of pedals or training wheels. The simple, no-pedal design builds confidence and eliminates fear by allowing kids to have their feet on the ground and progress at their own pace. This unique design teaches young children balance on two wheels right from the start, avoiding developmental delays typical with other ride-on toys or tricycles.
Genuine STRIDER balance bikes are the lightest balance bikes in their category, have the lowest seat height (for the youngest starting age), and are tested to the most stringent safety standards. Frame-integrated footrests, proprietary components, and the ability to easily adjust to a growing child, make the STRIDER the only bike your child needs to develop their riding skills and successfully transfer onto their first pedal bike without training wheels. And they can be used on any kind of terrain – indoors or outside. With almost 1 million sold to date – parents agree this is the top of the line for a kid’s first bike.
- The only bike or ride-on the toddler/preschooler in your life will ever need. Start as young as 18 months and ride to 5 years old.
- Easy, safe, and natural way for toddlers to learn to ride on two wheels without the hassles and complications of pedals or training wheels.
- Lowest seat height, lightest weight, and widest adjustment range; Properly fits 18 month-5 year olds.
- 2015 STRIDER includes a bonus, taller seat post and padded saddle for the taller child.
- Easy to assemble and adjust: No-tools needed for quick assembly and no tools needed for seat and handlebar adjustment.
- Maintenance-free, lightweight tires guaranteed to last a long time and never go flat.
- Super light weight (6.7 pounds) so that even your toddler can lift and handle it.
- Max rider weight: 60 pounds
Zero Maintenance EVA Tyres
Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate, better known as “EVA”, is the material used to create the foam rubber tires found on all Strider 12-inch balance bikes. This versatile material is also used for many different types of padding and equipment for various different sports such as ski boots, bicycle saddles, hockey pads and is typically used as a shock absorber in sports shoes. Why do we use EVA foam rubber and not the more typical pneumatic heavy duty rubber tires on our bikes? In short, EVA is lightweight and requires no maintenance. There are plenty of other reasons for using EVA tires as well, they are puncture proof, durable, and provide the best ride on all your toddlers’ different terrains. Just like our balance bikes at Strider we want to keep it simple and fun.
In order to keep the balance bikes as lightweight as possible Strider chose top of the line EVA tires to give little tikes the easiest start. Being half the weight as pneumatic air tires the EVA tires make the overall weight easy for toddlers to manage. As we like to note at Strider, weight is an important factor to keep in mind when choosing a bike for little kids to start out on.
What is a balance bike?
Balance bikes are a very simple bicycles designed to teach young children how to steer and balance on two wheels. Designed with only foot propulsion, balance bikes enable kids to quickly master to teach the fundamentals of balancing and steering, leading to a faster and smoother riding. When the fundamentals of balance and steering are mastered, transitioning to a bicycle with pedals or motorcyclepedal bike. is easy.
Why a balance bike?
When learning to ride, a child/kids needs to experience the feel of how leaning feels like, and how steering affects the balance of the bike. Without leaning, such as on a tricycle or bike with training wheels, they aren’t really learning to ride at all! By starting out on a balance bike, your child will develop balance, coordination, and confidence!
About STRIDER® No-Pedal Balance Bikes
If your toddler can walk, your toddler can ride a STRIDER™. STRIDER™ No-Pedal Balance Bikes were developed specifically to help toddlers and young children learn balance and coordination BEFORE pedaling. The simple, no-pedal design allows even the youngest children to learn to ride on two wheels, avoiding tricycle tip-overs and training wheel wobbles, and instilling considerable confidence and stellar bike handling skills sure to last a lifetime. STRIDER™ No-Pedal Balance Bikes encourage the development of spatial awareness, balance and basic motor skills so that all children can reach their maximum riding potential faster, better and safer. STRIDER™ Bikes are available at a variety of bike, motorcycle and toy retailers nationwide, and online at here.
Tailor-made Design for Kids
- Ultra light weight (6.9 pounds) making it and very easy for kids to control
- Adjustable seat and handlebars suitable for kids between fits 1 ½ to 5 years old
- Patented footrests for your children’s feet while they zoom, stride and glide on their very own STRIDER® balance bikes
- Unique no-tool design enables you to assemble your child’s STRIDER® balance bike in less than 5 minutes
Safe for Kids
- Simple pedal-less design that enables young children to focus solely on learning how to balance which is the most important step in riding
- Free of cables, chains, sprockets, pedals or protrusions that can may cause pain or injury to your child
- Enables an efficient, smooth and natural transition to a pedal bike
- Supported by puncture-proof EVA polymer tires that are maintenance-free and lightweight
- Durable, steel frame and fork for years of service